- General examination and treatment of companion animals
- Immunization of dogs, cats, ferrets; certificates of health and consultations for international travel. Dr Sheahan is a fully accreditated Veterinarian and has a Category II rating which is the most comprehensive rating a Veterinarian can acheive.
- Microchip implants: We use the new 134.2 kHz (ISO) microchips. All of our microchips come with a prepaid registration. They are quickly growing in popularity in the United States and used by many large veterinary groups and an increasing number of municipalities across the country. ISO microchips comply with ISO standard 11784 and are the standard in many countries across Europe, Canada and Japan. ISO microchips are required if you will be traveling outside of the United States with your pet. Please see the following information presented by the AVMA that does an excellent job of answering your questions regarding microchipping. AVMA FAQ
- Nutrition advice for puppies, kittens, overweight animals and particular diseases (food allergies, diabetes, kidney and liver diseases)
- Behavioral consultations
- Comprehensive oral care, including cleanings, extractions and radiographs performed in a dedicated Dental Suite
- Blood analysis to check for diabetes, kidney disease and more
- Tests for fungal and bacterial infections
- Microscopic tests for various parasites and infections in blood, feces or on the skin. We also have the capability to take digital images of our microscopic slides.
- Digital Radiography: We currently have the best state-of-the-art system in the Bakersfield area. We use a Samsung 17"x17" Csi panel. We consistently receive reports back from the Board Certified Radiologists that view our images stating that our images are "EXCELLENT" The Samsung 17"x17" is the largest panel in the world with Csi sensitivity. The 14 bit Csi image provides not only a higher contrast resolution than average; it also offers the best spatial resolution of any large panel on the market. This system combines the benefits of a wider view with the sensitivity needed to capture fine detail and soft tissue densities.
- Active Image Size: 17" x 17" (42.7 cm x 42.7 cm)
- Image Sensor Type: Cesium Iodide Scintillator (Provides the most Dose Sensitive – High resolution image possible).
- Effective Pixel Format: 9.44 Million Pixels
- Analog to Digital Converter: 14 Bits (16,384 shades of gray)
- Pixel Pitch: 143 Microns
- Spatial Resolution: 3.6 lp/mm
- Digital Ultrasonography: The MyLabFiveVET is designed using the most modern and advanced technologies. Dedicated veterinary fully configured software package
- Dedicated veterinary special purpose probes
- XHF - Up to 18 Mhz bandwidth on linear transducers to provide very detailed and precise imaging, especially in very superficial investigations.
- XView- eXtreme View with real-time adaptive algorithm
- M-View -combined standard and steered ultrasound imaging to detect all anatomical
- CnTI™ - Contrast Tuned Imaging for contrast media procedures
- Integrated USB ports for image storage of images and clips in BMP, AVI or DICOM format
- Integrated network board for direct connection to LAN
- Wireless connection capability
- MyLab™Desk data management system