- General examination and treatment of companion animals
- Immunization of dogs, cats, ferrets; certificates of health and consultations for international travel. Dr Sheahan DVM DABVP is a fully accreditated Veterinarian and has a Category II rating which is the most comprehensive rating a Veterinarian can acheive.
- Microchip implants: We use the new 134.2 kHz (ISO) microchips. All of our microchips come with a prepaid registration. They are quickly growing in popularity in the United States and used by many large veterinary groups and an increasing number of municipalities across the country. ISO microchips comply with ISO standard 11784 and are the standard in many countries across Europe, Canada and Japan. ISO microchips are required if you will be traveling outside of the United States with your pet. Please see the following information presented by the AVMA that does an excellent job of answering your questions regarding microchipping. AVMA FAQ
- Nutrition advice for puppies, kittens, overweight animals and particular diseases (food allergies, diabetes, kidney and liver diseases)
- Behavioral consultations
- Comprehensive oral care, including cleanings, extractions and radiographs performed in a dedicated Dental Suite
- Blood analysis to check for diabetes, kidney disease and more
- Tests for fungal and bacterial infections
- Microscopic tests for various parasites and infections in blood, feces or on the skin. We also have the capability to take digital images of our microscopic slides.
- Digital Radiography: We currently have the best state-of-the-art system in the Bakersfield area. We use a Samsung 17"x17" Csi panel. We consistently receive reports back from the Board Certified Radiologists that view our images stating that our images are "EXCELLENT" The Samsung 17"x17" is the largest panel in the world with Csi sensitivity. The 14 bit Csi image provides not only a higher contrast resolution than average; it also offers the best spatial resolution of any large panel on the market. This system combines the benefits of a wider view with the sensitivity needed to capture fine detail and soft tissue densities.
- Active Image Size: 17" x 17" (42.7 cm x 42.7 cm)
- Image Sensor Type: Cesium Iodide Scintillator (Provides the most Dose Sensitive – High resolution image possible).
- Effective Pixel Format: 9.44 Million Pixels
- Analog to Digital Converter: 14 Bits (16,384 shades of gray)
- Pixel Pitch: 143 Microns
- Spatial Resolution: 3.6 lp/mm
- Digital Ultrasonography: The Samsung HS40 is designed using the most modern and advanced technologies. Dedicated veterinary fully configured software package
- Dedicated veterinary special purpose probes
- S-Harmonic: This new harmonic technology provides greater image uniformity from near to far field while reducing signal noise. Combined with ClearVision and MultiVision, S-Harmonic™ improves the image quality of HS40.
- Clear Vision: The noise reduction filter improves edge enhancement and creates sharper 2D images for optimal diagnostic performance. The integration of specialized Samsung technology results in a notable improvement in image quality. In addition, ClearVision provides application-specific optimization and advanced temporal resolution in live scan mode.
- MultiVision: MultiVision controls ultrasound beam electronically by steering, and compounds many scan lines for better image. MultiVision provides remarkable spatial and contrast resolution with even greater artifact suppression than ever before.
- Integrated USB ports for image storage of images and clips in BMP, AVI or DICOM format
- Integrated network board for direct connection to LAN
- Wireless connection capability